Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hi Everyone!

Hi, I'm Catrina Wade. I'm from Biddeford, Maine. I have a passion for cheerleading and I've been doing it for 14 years now. I cheer on the PSU cheerleading club. I am in the multi field option of the IS program. My major is Pre-Physical Therapy. I was previously in the athletic training program and it just wasn't a good fit for me. I decided that physical therapy was a better option for me, but PSU does not have a PT program so I talked to advisor about IS. IS intrigued me because I could focus on classes from multiple disciplines that will all come together in my career. I believe IS is taking all of the relevant information from multiple fields to create something that will help you get a diverse education. I believe that more majors should have An interdisciplinary feel to them. It gives more of a complete education from  all different perspectives. After receiving my IS degree from PSU. I plan to go to graduate school in Maine and obtain my doctorate degree. I want to be a physical therapist in Maine, working in nursing homes.




Plymouth State University Cheerleading takes Daytona Beach at College Nationals 2013



3 comments:

  1. Treen! I'm so happy that you have found your way to IS. I agree that you will be pursuing a major that is more fitting for you, i'm so happy plymouth has this program for us. I'm sad that you're going to be leaving NH to be in ME but i know that you'll be amazing wherever you go. I've had the honor of getting to know you and having some classes that were less than easy together and i'm happy to say we persevered. I love you see you soon (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonya, I'm extremely glad we have the IS program here too because the thought of transferring from Plymouth to pursue PT was devastating. I found my home here and IS let me stay and finish out my four year degree. I'll miss you too! We've grown so close and I'll always come visit you, whenever you are. Maybe we can open our own center for cohesive therapy someday!

    ReplyDelete